2015 7A-Section 4 State Qualifier Meet!
State Track & Field, Section Qualifying is over and our SHS Senators had a great meet!
We set 2 NEW SCHOOL RECORDS and came within .01 seconds of two others.
We had 2 relay teams make it to the medals podium and 6 individual medalists including THREE SECTION CHAMPIONS!
… and we had 4 RELAY TEAMS and 10 SPARKMAN SENATORS QUALIFY FOR the STATE MEET!
Here are you 2015 State Qualifiers –
– Girls 4x100m Team – with a 2nd PLACE finish!
– Boys 4x100m Team – 5th place finish, just 1/100th behind the school record!
– Boys 4x400m – also finishing 5th, .15 of a second behind the School Record.
– Boys 4x800m Team – finishing 2nd and in a NEW SCHOOL RECORD time!
– New Section CHAMPION, Sr. Kia Perkins, with a throw of 103′ 2″ in the Girls Discus.
– New Section CHAMPION, Sr. Rob Russell, with a SCHOOL RECORD jump of 14′ in the Boys Polevault. This is also now the new TRACK RECORD at the James Clemens Facility!
– New Section Champion, Fr. Lauryn Hall, with a 25.86 in the Girls 200m Dash.
– Girls 100m Dash – Fr. Lauryn Hall, 2ND PLACE
– Girls Pole Vault – Soph. Gabrielle Griner, 2ND PLACE
– Boys 200m – 8th Charles Lewis, 3RD PLACE
– Boys 800m – Jr. Bailey Herfurth, 3RD PLACE
– Girls 100 Hurdles – Sr. Kelsey Johnson, 4th place
– Girls 100m – Fr. Alessea Rice, 4th place
– Boys 800m – Soph. Jake Russell, 4th place
– Girls Javeline – Soph. Katelyn Elliff, 5th
Making it on wildcard entries …
– Girls Long Jump – Fr. Lauryn Hall, 6th
– Girls 300 Hurdles – Sr. Kelsey Johnson, 6th
Competition at State begins this Thursday at n00n.
Great Going Senators!
Good luck at State!!!