Time for SUMMER TRACK & FIELD!!!
Don’t let this year’s hard work end so soon!
Below is a list of Meets that athletes may choose to enter themselves in.
There are Two National Athletic organizations that host “series” type meets and several “stand alone” meets.
Here is a list of some of the meets and some web sites where you can find more information.
“Stand Alone” meets.
June 21st – Alabama Sports Festival – Samford University, Birmingham
June 24th thru 28th – USATF Youth Championships, Indiana
June 28th – USATF Youth/Open/Masters Championship meet, Birmingham Southern
Alabama USATF info page – http://al.usatf.org/Home.aspx
– USATF JO Championships in Birmingham June 14th,15th Top 8 Qualify for the July 10-13 meet
– USATF Region 6, Champion in Homewood, Al July 10th-13th
– USATF Nationals, Houstan TX July 21 – 27
– AAU SOuther District Qualifier – June 7th-8th, Montgomery (qualifies you for the District Meet at MTSU)
– Regional Qualifier – MTSU, Murfreesboro, Tn July 3rd-4th (qualifies you for the Junior Olympics in Iowa)
– AAU Club Nationals, Orlando July 7th – 13th (can qualify you for the JO in Iowa)
– 2014 AAU JUNIOR OLYMPIC GAMES, Des Moines, Iowa July 28th – Aug 2nd
These meets and organizations are not affiliated with Sparkman High or it’s track team in any way. These are simply FUN events you may wish to pursue on your own. They are all “age group” meets. This means if you are 15, you will probably ONLY be competing against other 15 and 16 year olds.
Hey, you’ve done all the training … Why not go out and see if you can pull in some medals!