2014 Bob Jones Invitational – Results
The 2014 Bob Jones Invitational was the Track Team’s pentultimate regular season meet and for many of our Senators, their season has really come together.
We saw another NEW SPARKMAN RECORDS set and in 7 events our Senators fought their way onto the podium – 2 of those were for Firsts!
(Full Results HERE)
This Meet’s NEW SPARKMAN RECORD came from Jr- William Otey in the Triple Jump. His leap of 38′ 10.25″ beat the old record by 3 inches and was good enough to give William a 6th place, point scoring finish!
Once again, Jr- Kai Perkins show herself to be the class of the field in the Discus. This week she REALLY out did herself, setting a NEW PR by 6 feet. The difference between 2nd and 3rd place in this event was about 3 feet. Kai’s WINNING THROW of 105′ 3″ was more than 16 feet further then the 2nd place throw!
JR- Rob Russell continues to show dominance in the Boys Polevault. He WON the EVENT with a jump of 12′-6″.
Over all, we finished in the points in a Season High, 23 events and had athletes take home 7 medals! Our Boys team finished 6th and our Girls finished 7th.
Congratulations to all our medal winners!
• Jr- Kai Perkins – 1st, Girls Discus (PR)
• Jr- Rob Russell – 1st, Boys Polevault
• Fresh- Gabrielle Griner – 2nd-Tie, Girls Polevault
• Sr- Anthony Parameswaran – 3rd, Boys 800m (PR)/ 2nd, Boys 1600m
• Jr- Kelsey Johnson – 2nd Girls 100m Hurdles
• Soph- Bailey Herfurth – 2nd Boys 3200m
… and to our athletes who scored points!
• Soph- Bailey Herfurth – 4th Boys 1600m
• Fresh- Jake Russell – 8th, Boys 1600m/ 5th, Boys 800m(PR)
• Fresh- Makenzi Coley – 6th, Girls Polevault(PR)
• Soph- Kaitlyn Williams – 6th, Girls 400m (PR)
• Jr- Kelsey Johnson – 7th, Girls 300m Hurdles/4th Girls Triple Jump
• Soph- Javaris Hart– 5th, Boys 400m
• 8th- Tiyanna Saunders – 5th, Girls Discus(PR)
• Soph- Will Keiser – 8th, Boys Discus(PR)
• Jr- Rob Russell – 6th, Boys Javelin(PR)
• Jr- Riley O’Brien – 4th, Boys Polevault(PR)
We also had 12 other Senators score NEW P.R.s in this meet!
• Sinese Cash – (14th) 200m dash
• Dreon Johnson – (43rd) 100m dash
• Jasmin Jones – (13th) 200m dash
• Sr- Tamera Austin – (24th) 200m dash
• Soph- Bobbie Hargis – (22nd) 400m dash
• Fresh- Glenda Booker – (10th) Discus
• Jr- William Otey – (23rd) 100m AND (23th) 200m
• Jr- Kez Johnson – (26th) 100m/(15th)Long Jump
• Soph- Harrison Myers – (37th) 800m
• Jr- Rob Russell – (10th) Discus
• Jr- Riley O’Brien – (22nd) Discus
• Soph- Will Keiser – (11th) Javelin