2014 Ice Breaker Invitational
It was another good showing for our Indoor Team at The Ice Breaker Invitational.
We had 8 new PRs (or Indoor PRs) and 5 NEW SHS INDOOR RECORDS! Plus, for the 2nd Indoor Meet in a row, both our boys and girls teams managed to finish in the points. Not an easy feet when you consider the size (and budgets) of the teams we are up against and the team members we had out with the flu!
For the Girls, it was our 4×200 team that finished in the points with a 8th place finish and a time of 1:55.596 . The team members were – Fresh. Lauryn Hall, Sr. Kelsey Johnson, Fresh. Alessea Rice, and Fresh. Zariah Trammell.
For the Boys, Sr. Rob Russell tied for 4th (on misses) in the Pole Vault while setting a NEW SHS INDOOR RECORD with a height of 13 feet !
Setting New SHS Indoor Records for the boys were –
– 8th grade, Shafi Muhammad 56.23sec in the 400m
– Soph. DarylBowden 20′ in the Long Jump
– Soph. DarylBowden 39′- 4″ in the Triple Jump
– Soph. Jake Russell 2:08.49 in the 800m
– Sr. Rob Russell 13′ in the Pole Vault (10th ranked in 7A)
– Fresh. Alessea Rice 8.389 in the 60m
– Sr. Sharnell Walker 9.79 in the 60m
– Sr. Sharnell Walker 1:17.05 in the 400m
– Jr. Bailey Herfurth, 4:53.55 in the 1600m
– Jr. Seth Graham 5:00.48 in the 1600m
– Fresh. Elijah Vargas 5:25.97 in the 1600m
– 8th grader, Isaiah Vasquez 5:50.63 in the 1600m
– Fr, Jake Maier 5:56.09 in the 1600m