N. Al. Jr. High Championships!
Congradulations to all our JV athletes on their performances last Tuesday night.
We had some good initial marks and several team members who bettered their PRs. We also had some medal winners and even one Senator who set a NEW SHS Varsity Record!
As an added bonus, this meet had “official” scoring and timing so the results were recorded and passed along to “al.milesplit.com” allowing many of our JV athletes to finally get a state ranking!
Our medal winners were –
- Jake Russell – 2nd, 800m
- ” – 2nd, 1600m
- ” – 1st (tie), High Jump
- Mason Edwards – 2nd, 4x100m relay
- Joseph Gaines – 2nd, 4x100m relay
- Marquis Harris – 2nd, 4x100m relay
- ” – 2nd, 100m
- Keith Perrine – 2nd, 4x100m relay
- Javaris Hart – 3rd, 400m
- Gabrielle Griner – 1st, Pole Vault
- Marcha Coney – 3rd, 4x100m relay
- Sierra Lewis – 3rd, 4x100m relay
- Aubrey Parker – 3rd, 4x100m relay
- Lexi Rice – 3rd, 4x100m relay
We had a NEW Sparkman Record set!
- Gabrielle Griner set the new record in the Girls Pole Vault with a Jump of 9 feet 4 inches! Gabrielle is now the top ranked girl’s middle school vaulter in the state (by nearly a foot) and is currently the 16th ranked varsity girl.
We had quite a few Senators finish in point scoring positions. This shows strength we can build on for next year.
- Javaris Hart – 4th, 200m
- Darryl Bowden – 5th, 110 Hurdles
- ” – 5th, High Jump
- ” – 5th, Long Jump
- Joseph Gaines – 5th, 200m
- Marquis Harris – 7th, 200m
- Antoni Kelly – 6th, Long Jump
- Keilon Coachman – 7th in the 4 x 400m
- Cody Colebank – 7th in the 4 x 400m
- Daniel Sieja – 7th in the 4 x 400m
- Steven Underwood – 7th in the 4 x 400m
- Erin Lombardo – 6th, Pole Vault
- Lexi Rice – 8th, 100m
- Renita Vander Shaaf – 8th, 800m