New Season and NEW Records!
The weather was perfect for Saturday’s season opener “Redcoat Invitational” at Bob Jones High School and our Senators were once again populating the winner’s podium and setting new School Records!
Unfortunately the official results as posted on Milesplit do not contain any Team scores as of this posting, so it is hard to give exact results. By my recollection though, our Women’s Team finished with 26 points led by Kelsey Johnson who scored 15 of those points. The Men’s Team scored 0f 39 points with Anthony Parameswaran accounting for 18 of those!
Congratulations to our medal winners!
- Kelsey Johnson – 3rd, Girl’s 100m Hurdles
- Anthony Parameswaran – 1st, Men’s 1600m
- Anthony Parameswaran – 3rd, Men’s 3200m
- Gabrielle Griner – 2nd, Girl’s Polevault
- Rob Russell – 3rd, Men’s Polevault
We had THREE NEW Sparkman Records set!
- In the Men’s 1600m run, Sr., Anthony Parameswaran ran a record 4:48.10 !
- In the Girl’s 100m Hurdles, Jr., Kelsey Johnson ran a 17.10 !
- Jr., Kelsey Johnson also upped the record in the Girl’s Triple Jump with a mark of 29′-11″
While many of our Senators were setting first-time marks, we also had 9 Senators score NEW P.R.s in this meet!
- Sharnell Walker – 200m Hurdles
- Renita Vander Schaaf – 3200m (Track)
- Devin Edwards – 200m dash
- Joseph Gains – 200m dash
- Anthony Parameswaran – 3200m
- Bailey Herfurth – 3200m
- Will Keisor – Javelin AND Shot Put
- Rob Russell – Triple Jump AND the Pole Vault
- William Otey – Triple Jump